Welcome to this congregation of faith, a body of the Presbyterian Church, USA.
We are a committed gathering of individuals who desire to walk in the justice- seeking, compassionate and liberating way of Jesus Christ.
A very brief overview:
- We are shaped by the Reformation, a movement which led to (among other things) a greater equality between the preaching of the Word and the celebration of Communion, and the opening the Word of God to all people. A central idea for Presbyterians is that we are “reformed and ever reforming.” We do not claim to have all the answers, and know that God meets us in our searching.
- As Presbyterians we are affiliated with all other PC (USA) congregations around the world. We participate with one other, as partners with Christ, to do God’s work in the world. We care for one another in times of tragedy, encourage one another in times of challenge, and celebrate with one another in times of joy.
- We believe in God, Creator, Redeemer, Sustainer. We honor the Bible’s many images of God: a loving parent, a mother hen, a good shepherd…We value the use of language for God which is expansive and inclusive, for we know that no one image can define God.
- We celebrate two sacraments, baptism and Communion. In baptism, we give thanks for God’s claim on us before we were born, before we were even aware of God’s love for us. Thus, we baptize infants and children and adults. In Communion, we gather together as God’s family to participate in the gift of Jesus, the one who loved us so much that he laid down his life for us. At the table, all are welcome. At the table, all are fed. From the table, all are sent out to feed the world with the good news of the Gospel.
- The PC (USA) welcomes all people into leadership, regardless of gender/sexual orientation, race, age, ability. At all levels of government, members and ministers share the leadership of the church.
- We believe we are called to labor together with God to build God’s just and peaceful world. We are actively involved in social justice issues in our community, state, nation and world. Faith informs our actions. Guided by the Spirit, we seek to labor on God’s behalf.
We are seekers on a journey of faith. Please join us!
If you would like to read more about the Presbyterian Church, please click here: